Cycle 3 Call for Proposals
ALMA has announced a call for proposals for Cycle 3 observations, which will be scheduled from October 2015 to September 2016. Up to 2100 h of observing time will be available. The Cycle 3 capabilities will include the following:
- At least 36 antennas in the main array, 10 7-m antennas, and 2 total power antennas.
- Receivers for bands 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.
- Baselines up to 2 km for bands 8-10, up to 5 km for band 7, and up to 10 km for bands 3, 4, and 6.
- Total power spectral line observing capabilities in bands 3-8.
- Polarization continuum observing capabilities for single pointings in bands 3, 6, and 7.
- Mixed correlator modes (a combination of high frequency resolution and low frequency resolution modes)
More information is given in the call for proposals.
ESO Public Spectroscopic Surveys with the ARO telescopes
ESO is offering the possibility of conducting Public Spectroscopic Surveys using the telescopes of the Arizona Radio Observatory as part of an agreement with the University of Arizona. Public Surveys are observing programmes for which proposers collect and make publicly available, within a defined time, a fully reduced and scientifically usable data set that is likely to answer a major scientific question and be of general use and of broad interest to the astronomical community.
The deadline for submitting Public Surveys proposals with the ESO ARO time is 17 April 2015.
Detailed information are available at this website.
The first edition of the semi-annual newsletter "Common Astronomy Software Applications (CASA) News" has been released and can be found at the newsletter website.
The CASA newsletter aims to keep CASA users informed on what the CASA team is working on and give details regarding data reduction with CASA.
Subscription to the CASA Announce mailing list will allow you to receive future CASA News issues. Subscription instructions can be found at this website.